“PEP for HIV”

I feel I am at risk of contacting HIV after an unsafe sexual encounter with a lady who forced me to do so. Please advice how to get PEP for HIV, as it should not be delayed more than 72 hours. I expect your speedy answer. Thank you.


I am sorry to hear that you were forced to do something you did not want to do. I hope you know that it is always your right to refuse someone. The PEP is only available for medical practitioners, not for the general public. I would recommend getting tested soon. The test is available for free at our office (Deep Griha Society, 13 Tadiwala Rd), NARI, Sassoon Hospital and a number of other centres around the city. It is safe and confidential and pre-/post- counselling is included if necessary. Almost 100% of infected people show antibodies within three months of infection, so if you test negative initially, you should get tested again. If you are still negative three months after your unsafe sexual encounter, you can be reassured that you do not have HIV. If you are positive, know that there are a lot of resources and support available and that you can still live a long and healthy life. In the future, be sure to use a condom to protect yourself. Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Kind regards,

Dr. Punewali

Comments are closed.